Hard to believe it has been a year since my first ever trip to the Hostess City of the South – Savannah.
If I could do the trip all over again (or just simply re-visit) this would be the do/ do not list:
1. Do shop at Paris Market
2. Do take the Architectural Walking tour
3. Do visit Bonaventure Cemetery – didn’t make it the first time around
4. Do Walk Jones again –it was the prettiest
5. Do take more of my alcoholic drinks to go in the provided plastic cups
6. Do take even MORE pictures
7. Do eat at Papillote
8. Do pop into the art supply stores
9. Do try to hit the small Mom & Pop restaurants
10. Don’t stay in a condo on River Street – too noisy
11. Do enjoy the local Moon River beer but beware of their restaurant – did not have a friendly staff experience there
For the most part Savannah is a great little town. Lots of beautiful architecture and the main tourist area is small enough to walk. There are lots of lovely shops, plenty of restaurants and serious amounts of night life.