Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Best of The Jet Lagged Vagabond - 2012

 
2012 was a fantastic travel year for me! It afforded me the opportunity to see a new US destination - Savannah, GA and a new Continent - South America. I returned to a childhood vacation spot that means so very much to me - Carmel/Monterey, CA, and I now have seen the Pacific from two different continents in the same year. 2012 was indeed fantastic.

See below for some of the best highlights of my 2012 travels and don't forget to check out my previous posts on these wonderful destinations to see what I did and where I stayed.

Bring it 2013!
 


Best New Place Visited – Savannah,GA

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 


Best Views:
 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
The Texas Hill Country
 
 
 
 
 
Chile:
 
 





 
 
 
 

Best Hotel: Tickle Pink Inn – Carmel Highlands, CA

 
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 

Best Food:

 
Leek and mushroom burger - Davenport Bakery - Davenport, CA

 
 



 
 

 
 
Steamed Artichokes - AW Shucks - Carmel, CA
 
 
 
 
 
Fisherman's Grotto - San Francisco, CA
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

Best Attractions:

 
 
 



 


 
 
 


 
 
 

 

 

 
 

Best Wines:


Charles Krug - California - Pinot
 

Joyce - California - Merlot
 

Laura Hartwig - Chilean - Petite Verdot
 
 
 

Best Costumes at DragonCon:
 

 




 
 

 
 
 

Best Wildflowers: Texas Hill Country





 


Best Street Art: Valparaiso, Chile


 

 

 

 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You definitely had a great travel year in 2012! Here's to 2013 being equally as wonderful! ;o)

    ReplyDelete