Tuesday, May 29, 2012

24 Hours in San Francisco


Sadly the trip to California was drawing to a close. We drove from Carmel to San Francisco for a quick twenty four hours before our plane took off. Here is what we did with our precious little time.

After checking into our hotel we walked around our Nob Hill neighborhood.




The Fairmont Hotel. Do you remember the TV show Hotel?




Grace Cathedral


Trans America Building


Off for drinks and a snack at the Top of the Mark



The next morning we toured Alcatraz click here for photos and my post.


After touring Alcatraz we head for Fisherman's Wharf.




Looking at Alcatraz as we walk. We did what the sign said!




Pier 39 is on the way so we stopped to look at the sea lions.







On to Fisherman's Wharf and some lunch.




We decided to give the Fisherman's Grotto a chance.
I had read that it was touristy but good, and I would agree with that
statement. We enjoyed ourselves although we were sad our vacation
was coming to an end.






The yellow fisherman is every where - even the carpet!




I love the 70s feel to this bar! I would hang out here all the time if I could.










Finally lunch!







Steamed clams - fabulous.




Crab cake - tasty per the husband.



I ordered the Crab Cioppino - so messy but so good!
They even game me a bib.


After a nice long lunch we took a cable car to Union Square.











The view from the back of the cable car.





Window shopping in Union Square









I thought these plates were cute. Especially since I just gorged myself on Cioppino!











I can't believe after our lunch we went to dinner, but we did.
Our hotel recommended the Nob Hill Cafe. It was a cute little
place and the food and service were great. I would definitely go back!
I actually looked the place up on Yelp a few days later and it had mixed
reviews. That made me sad!






Portabella mushroom ravioli. Yum!


Views from the airplane as we took off the next morning.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice visit! I've never been to SanFran. Now I have a very close friend living there, so next time I cross the pond I need to make an effort and get over to visit her!

    ReplyDelete