Tuesday, June 5, 2012

God Save the Queen!!

We had our own mini-Diamond Jubilee Celebration this weekend.
I sure hope the Queen noticed our efforts!



First we started off with a 'fry up'. Not a proper traditional English fry up, but we used Scottish salmon!


It was lovely.

Then on to the Thames Pageant via the BBC.

Unfortunately I wasn't really there .I just took a shot of the TV, but I'm sure you saw it. Didn't you?



So we had the the telly on the Beeb, Twitter on for updates and the Daily Telegraph was also
updating every few minutes. It was quite thrilling. I felt ever so British.

I was astonished to see this article though:


And here I was thinking I couldn't go wrong with the BBC.

As the pageant progressed and we saw Pippa go by with a drink in her hand - we said 'why not'?

So we busted out the appropriate Jubilee libations.



The bottle on the right is whisky from our most recent  trip to Scotland.

We purchased it from the most amazing store called DemiJohn - the Liquid Deli.
Check it out! http://www.demijohn.co.uk/ 


Now it was time to make one of Britain's top 100 dishes - Traditional Sunday Roast and  Yorkshire Pudding.

Here is how it is supposed to look per the book:



Here is our version:



Perhaps not the most photogenic, but trust me it was tasty! The Yorkshire Puddings? Meh.
I better try that again. Would I serve to the Queen. No, but she would eat it b/c she is a
kind little old lady.

And of course dessert:





It's been four fantastically British days in the Jet Lagged Vagabond's house.

 I can't wait to do this again in ten more years!

God Save the Queen!



No comments:

Post a Comment