Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Canoe - Atlanta, GA

What is your 'special' occasion place? Since moving to Atlanta I really haven't found that special go-to restaurant to celebrate life's achievements.

While I have been keeping my eye out for that hidden gem that only locals know about - since I still don't feel like a local in the ATL - I decided to give up and book us into the top rated restaurant in Atlanta.

Canoe. It's called Canoe and funnily enough I didn't see one canoe while I was there. Go figure.

We drove for about 20 minutes from the North Atlanta area to - heck I don't know where because I had never been that way before. Apparently the restaurant is located in the Vinnings area which I believe is a neighbor of Buckhead. With that knowledge I was ready for a pretentious evening of 'oh look at me I dine in Buckhead' which has been my pretty much my dining experience while trolling through the vast restaurants of Bucklandia.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Canoe.

Located in a strip mall next to the Chattahoochee River Canoe is blessed with ambiance - inside and out.







Outside patio and garden.


The inside is quite nice - yet we only sat at the bar while we waited for
our table. Maybe that is how I missed the canoe?





Bartenders were really pleasant and friendly. Great service.
We started off with a glass of champagne from Epernay -
a tradition as we have visited Epernay twice.




A really good beer list as well. A good mix of domestic and imported.





This was the view from our table!







Garden area.






One great detail about Canoe is the little bar area that sits away from the
main building right next to the water. So inviting!







And there are lots of chairs to sit and enjoy your drink, relax and enjoy the lake view.












Okay - dinner! Food was really good and service was very nice.
We started with the House Smoked Salmon.










Next - mains. I had the Lamb Sirloin and the hubby had the Slow Roasted Beef Short Rib. 






 

Lamb Sirloin



Short Rib


I would say that Canoe was a success. It is expensive so it will not be a place we frequent weekly.
Food was good, but I would say it was not the best the ATL has to offer. I am still trying to find that place!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely restaurant! The lamb looks melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

    But that beer menu... Duvel? Stella? seriously?! Even in Belgium those aren't considered good beers! They're the cheapy ones you drink when out partying or when having just whatever's on tap and you ask for "une bière" without specifying a 'special' beer!

    My family has always had a couple of "special" restaurants we go to when we want to celebrate. :o)

    ReplyDelete