Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Superdawg – Hi Ya!

I have been trying to get to this Chicago food land mark for a number of years, and I finally made it!

Consistently featured in Travel Channel programs this neon drive- in complete with car hops doesn’t disappoint.

Located north of Chicago right on a crazy intersection – Superdawg can be a challenge to find and navigate. You have two options: park and order food or find someplace to park on the street and walk up to order food.

Whatever you do just do it and be ready to wait. I was there on a Saturday evening around 7pm and the carhop lot was full and the line was out the door.

I had The Superdawg. An all beef Superdawg (that’s what they call it as opposed to a wiener) on a poppy seed bun with everything no substitutions. Side note: I just ordered it the way it comes – no substitutions. The programs about Superdawg on the Travel Channel made it sound like they would get mean with you if you deviated. I scare easily, plus I was really hungry.

Okay I love to eat. I’m not too picky, but I know when something is over hyped and not worth it (that is another blog post). So let me tell you – my Superdawg was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The relish mixed with the mustard to form a liquid delight. The pickle (oh yeah it has a pickle on top and you eat it WITH the hot dog) adds even more tanginess. The bun was soft and capable of holding everything in place. Crispy fries paired with the Strawberry shake just made the Superdawg even better.

I seriously think about this dawg daily –it was that good! I even catch myself looking at the pictures wishing it was real. I love you Superdawg…











2 comments:

  1. Hi there: I've been exploring your blog after a nudge your way from Cris over at "Here and There and Everywhere." I had to leave a note here because I LOVE Superdawg. I grew up just blocks away and have eaten here more times than I can remember. We just ate there a few weeks ago. It's always good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ya! Superdawg is the best! I could go for one right now! How lucky for you that you still pop in...I need to get back to Chicago! Thanks for exploring the blog!

    ReplyDelete